Andy Parsons, Head of HR Operations & Shared Services–Americas, ROLLS-ROYCE and Tracy Welker, HR Vendor Manager, ROLLS-ROYCE present on:
Building effective relationships with outsourced suppliers is critical to the successful delivery of HR services. With over 95 vendors providing services ranging from service awards to recruitment, the Rolls-Royce North America HR Shared Service Center invests a significant amount of time partnering with its vendors to ensure they deliver value to the business. This is governed by a set of guiding principles that are critical to developing successful relationships. Not all vendors are treated equal, and in this session we will share the various approaches we take to effectively partner with our vendors, along with sharing our perspectives and lessons learned on how best to optimize services, manage costs and performance, drive continuous improvement and innovation, and improve quality of service.
“Lift and Shift” vs “Fix and Shift”: Deciphering Which Is More Appropriate in a Large Scale HR Transformation
Amber Stephenson, Sr Manager HR Shared Services, Varian Medical Systems presents on:
Most large scale HR transformations will include the potential for huge wins as well as real failure that could present major setbacks to companies. Often times, a lift and shift approach will provide a safer path to success including the distinct advantage of a shorter transitional timeline and the least amount of disruption on the transformation journey. It also carries the risk of not maximizing the value of the transformation and consolidating imperfect processes into a harder to manage knot for the shared services organization. Shared Services leaders need to be adept at deciphering and negotiating when to take the “easy way out” and deploy the lift and shift approach, when to deploy a fix and shift approach and when only a hybrid of the two will work.
Jason Paradowski, Executive Director, HRSS North America, BOSCH and Nicole Laing, Team Lead, HR Services–Front Office Operations, ROBERT BOSCH, LLC present on:
The HR Business Partner and COE roles are critical partners in the move to Shared Services. Much attention is often given to the development of the shared service roles and responsibilities, but to be successful the business partner and COE roles must also change with the new model. Hear about Bosch’s successful transformation to a Shared Services model 5 years ago, and how it continues to evolve in a collaborative way amongst all three of these important roles in HR.
We’ll share experiences in two critical areas that often lead to conflict:
- Who owns the process? The COE or the Shared Service organization?
- How can you avoid an adversarial relationship with your business partners in the field?
Mitch Sparber, Head of HR Services, North America, ZURICH N.A presents on:
Learn best practices in providing a world-class experience for employees from one of the leading multi-line insurance providers in the world. The solutions implemented are of value to any organization on a shared services journey. This session will highlight Zurich’s journey to build a HR service excellence culture to drive business performance. The HR Services team provides support for payroll, HRIS, mobility, learning, recruiting, and policy and benefit questions. Their services give over 30,000 employees throughout the US and Canada a single access point via phone, on-line, or email.
- Learn about how the Zurich HR operating model is delivering efficiencies and customer centric solutions
- Gain knowledge in building a team’s performance mindset to measure and improve service
- Hear how Zurich’s commitment to people drives a strong employee experience
- Discover how deploying the right technology is a significant driver to service excellence
Case Study: Optimizing Your HRSS—Leveraging Process Improvement to Drive Results and Staff Engagement
Nick Malcom, Director of HR Operations, UNITYPOINT presents on:
In 2017, UnityPoint’s HR Shared Services was challenged to support new organizational growth and optimizing the employee experience while keeping headcount flat (doing more with less). These strategic goals combined with a fairly immature shared services center led UPH down a path of process improvement. In this session learn how UPH:
- Created capacity for its teams and wins for its customer through process improvement events
- Used a methodology that ensured that the work and wins happened at the staff level
- Drove significant quantitative and qualitative results to their KPIs, their customers, and to the their staff engagement scores in 2017
Recruiting Shared Services—Learnings from Microsoft’s Journey of Transformation & Candidate Experience
Janna Tanner, HR Director, HR SERVICES, MICROSOFT CORP. and Dustin Brown, Recruiting Operations Program Manager–Americas, MICROSOFT CORP. present on:
Karen Hilton, Partner, SCOTTMADDEN, INC.and Scott Manning, Partner and Corporate & Shared Services Practice Leader, SCOTTMADDEN present on:
ScottMadden and APQC recently completed the fifth cycle of a custom benchmarking study focused exclusively on Human Resources Shared Services Organizations (SSOs). The study includes questions and metrics related to domestic and global HR shared services delivery models and operations, staffing, performance, and management infrastructure and technology. Karen Hilton, partner in ScottMadden’s Corporate & Shared Services practice, will use data from the HR Shared Services Benchmarking study to discuss what we have learned from the benchmarking data and how that can help you prioritize areas for improvement.
Find out answers to the following questions:
- How do we identify top performers?
- Why does being a top performer matter?
- What are the characteristics of top performing HR SSOs?
- Once you identify performance gaps, what do you do next?
- What can you expect as your organization matures?
In preparation for the 25th HR Shared Services & Outsourcing Summit, we wanted to exclusively share these past presentations with you. Below you will find expert content on:
- Case Study: Scaling Shared Services through Effective Vendor Partnerships—the Rolls-Royce Story: Andy Parsons, Head of HR Operations & Shared Services–Americas, ROLLS-ROYCE
- “Lift and Shift” vs “Fix and Shift”: Deciphering Which Is More Appropriate in a Large Scale HR Transformation: Amber Stephenson, Sr Manager HR Shared Services, VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS
- Super-Charge Your HR Business Partners: Jason Paradowski, Executive Director, HRSS North America, BOSCH; Nicole Laing, Team Lead, HR Services–Front Office Operations, ROBERT BOSCH, LLC
- #HRServiceExcellence: Secrets of the Sauce: Mitch Sparber, Head of HR Services, North America, ZURICH N.A.
- Case Study: Optimizing Your HRSS—Leveraging Process Improvement to Drive Results and Staff Engagement: Nick Malcom, Director of HR Operations, UNITYPOINT
- Recruiting Shared Services—Learnings from Microsoft’s Journey of Transformation & Candidate Experience: Janna Tanner, HR Director, HR SERVICES, MICROSOFT CORP.; Dustin Brown, Recruiting Operations Program Manager–Americas, MICROSOFT CORP.
- Top Performing HR Shared Services Organizations—What Sets Them Apart?: Karen Hilton, Partner, SCOTTMADDEN, INC.; Scott Manning, Partner and Corporate & Shared Services Practice Leader, SCOTTMADDEN
How McKesson Carefully Planned, Launched and, Years Later, Re-Invented their ER SSO Based on the Evolving Needs of the Business
Take a look at how the largest paint and coatings company in the world acheived the following:
- Approximately $15.8 billion in annual sales
- Operation in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia/New Zealand
- Over 4,100 company owned stores and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers
- Over 60,000 employees
- Recently completed the acquisition of Valspar and are currently working through the integration efforts
Email us at enquiryIQPC@iqpc.com
Find out from Tom Nesteruk, Executive Director, HR Shared Services BAE Systems Inc. what success should look like in your organization and what factors constitute a high impact HR
Get an inside look about Scott Madden, a management consulting firm, from Courtney Jackson, Partner, Multi-FunctionTransformation and Change Management and Laura Campbell, Director, Multi-Function Supporting Technologies. Learn about their shared services knowledge, expertise, and experience.